Do you want to send secret messages? or just keep certain things hidden in plain sight?
Well, you can do just that by hiding a zip file within an image. You can take a zipped file of images, reports or personal notes you don't want someone to accidentally stumble upon and hide it within an image.
In order to hide the file within the image, all you have to do is the following:
- Compress the file you want to hide
- place both items on your desktop- (image and zipped file)
- Open up terminal
- Type cd Desktop and press enter
- Type cat imageName.png filename.zip > newImagename.png press enter*
- New image will appear on your desktop with zipped-file inside.
- To unzip go to terminal and type unzip imagename.png*