A team of Chinese Hackers have released the TAiG Jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1. The jailbreak is currently only available for Windows. However, if you own a MAC like I do, you can get around this by using VmWare or Parallels.
If you are using a MAC, you will also need to install iTunes on the virtual machine so that the TAiG software package is able to execute.
Follow these steps:
- Backup your device. If you MAC you can back it up on MAC side iTunes.
- Download TAiG Software
- Turn off Passcode
- Turn off Find my iPhone, iPad or iPod under iCloud.
- Plug in your device to windows. If using VMware make sure windows is recognizing device.
- open TAiG executable.
- When the software recognizes your device uncheck the second box.
- Click Green Button to Start
- Let it run through the process.
- Done, open Cydia and start adding sources.